Thursday, March 10, 2016

Sassy Sponsorship Challenge-St. Patrick's/Luck

(If you are looking for the monochromatic challenge post for Open-Minded Crafting, or DTBST #325 challenge; please scroll down one and two posts.)

Sassy Studio Designs is sponsoring another challenge this month and it is the St. Patrick's/Luck challenge by Open-Minded Crafting. There is a month to upload cards/projects with this theme, so come play with us!

My family does not really celebrate St. Patrick's Day, so I used the Luck side of the challenge with SSD image Surprise Proposal Sassy. I cropped it so she could be a large focus on my card. I also printed it out at 25% opacity so it would be a little lighter, as the bear actually has a ring tied onto his bow that I did not want to be a focal point. I used a " beary lucky" word sentiment from Create With TLC.

 
The image is colored with Copic markers. The background cardstock is the same blue color as her dress but is stamped in a fresh green color from Stampin' Up! ink and a Stampin' Up! background plaid image.
Copic colors: SKIN: E04, 21, 51, 50, R11. LIPS/RIBBON: RV56, 34, 32. DRESS/EYES: B23, 12, 37. HAIR: E49, 77, 43. BEAR: E53, 51, 33, 35. (37, 49 for his nose). BACKGROUND: YG23, 06, 03, 11, 00. I just kind of scribbled the colors on the background, keeping the dark close to the image, and the lightest around the words. I used the chisel end of the 11 and 00 markers to lay down more ink and blend colors slightly. Then I added in more dark where I wanted it to be.
 
Thanks for checking out my blog. I hope you found this post useful and will come play in some challenges with us!



No comments:

Post a Comment